Food and Drink
Somerset is a county famous for it's food and drink. Home of Cheddar Cheese and Scrumpy Cider to name a couple, Somerset offers natural foods which will awaken your taste buds!
During your stay in Somerset, you must try some of the excellent local food and
drink that the county has to offer. Below is a quality selection of places that you may
wish to visit to experience the taste that is uniquely Somerset!
The Panborough Inn is only a 5 minute walk from our farm. This sixteenth century inn is a rare treat, serving Butcombe bitter (brewed in Somerset) plus guest beers which change on a weekly basis.
Great food and a warm
welcome always on the menu. Try the Steak and Ale Pie ... AWESOME! Other
features include Skittle Alley and Beer Garden.
" We use quality, local, fresh products and ingredients wherever possible and have a policy of using local suppliers and tradespersons whenever possible".
" Our Food, Beers, and Drinks are always of the highest quality and this is complimented by the high level of Excellent Service and the Warm Welcome that you receive on your arrival".
" The Team at The Panborough Inn see Quality not just as a Goal, but as a Continuous Journey to achieve higher and higher levels of customer satisfaction".
WITHIN A STONES THROW IS ALSO ...
- The Burcott Inn, just before you get to Wells on the B3139. Varied range of real ales, also sells bottles of real ale!
- The City Jail in Wells, used to be the actual Jail in Wells! Excellent food and a varied range of real ales. Also sells bottled beers.
- For more pubs and places to eat, check out the Real Ale Guide at the CAMRA
LOCAL REWERIES & CIDER FARMS
- Butcombe Brewery ,just south of Bristol ... award winning ales!
- Cotleigh Brewery in Wiveliscombe is in Exmoor and makes a great day out.
- Cheddar Ales has recently started up, selling real ale in a bottle and also poypins. Highly recommended!
- Moor Brewery (Ashcott) ... Farmer Brampton and his wife set this brewery up on his farm.
- RCH Brewery (West Hewish, Weston) ... award winning ales ... sells by the crate. Bottle conditioned beers.
- Rich's Cider (Mark). Nice refreshing real cider.
- Wilkins Cider (Mudgeley) ... Mr. Wilkins took over the family business from his granddad who was running it at the start of last century. This is the truest Somerset Scrumpy you will find! Free half pint "taster" always available on arrival! Stocks very good local Rose Farm pickles and chutneys! Ask him about his "Tasty" cheese! It will set your taste buds alight! The latter two make great Ploughman's Lunches back on the field!
- Thatcher's Cider (Sandford) is thoroughly recommended also!
... are all within close proximity if you are looking to take a few bottles (crates!) of excellent west country nectar home or indeed back to the campsite!
OTHER THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR
- REAL Cheddar Cheese - a wide variety can be found at the Cheddar Cheese Co. in
Cheddar Gorge. There is also a stall at the Cheddar Car Boot sale every sunday
morning which also sells great cheese!
- Clotted Cream Teas are available from at least three establishments in Cheddar Gorge. The Wishing Well Tea Rooms also serve home made cakes together with the pot of tea and scones ... strawberries are also available of you want to leave with a groan!!! (TIP: Do the Gorge BEFORE having a Cream Tea)!
Thank you for your interest in our farm !